Friday, February 17, 2012

Project Linus Challange

My online quilting forum, The Quilting Bee (http://forums.delphiforums.com/QuiltPox), is having a Project Linus challenge.  Each participant was given  one yard of fabric, in two or three pieces, and asked to make a charity quilt for Project Linus.  Here is what I was sent:


We can add from our stash and the quilt should be in the 40" X 50" range.  Hmmmm... these fabrics don't play very well together and it really was a challenge for me to find a pattern that would make them play.  I've got an idea of what I want to do.  I'm going to be taking on another challenge (for me) in the quilt, because I am going to (gasp) applique!! 

I'm really stretching myself this year in my quilting.  I like my quilting fast and easy, and rarely do I take on projects that will take time.  I just don't have the patience.  I shortened up the applique process by using Heat and Bond to put the pieces on the background fabric, and now I'm going to try and machine quilt a blanket stitch  around the edges of the pieces, another first for me!  We'll see how my vision turns out, and how my patience lasts!  I don't want to post before the Challenge is done so I dont' give anything away, so stayed tuned for the results in a few days (weeks?).

No comments:

Post a Comment