Sunday, February 5, 2012

More sewing for the boy...

Mommy is buying my grandson a Leappad tablet for his birthday.  She could have bought him the case to go with, but thought I'd enjoy the challenge of making one.  I have to say, it allowed me the chance to stretch my tote making skills.  I've always wanted to put a zipper in a tote and this one did it. 

It wasn't easy and it's even harder to explain how I did it.  I guess I'll have to try again and take how to pics.  It came out cute tho!!  I found some whale fabric that he's going to love.

 I put pockets in so he can store his cartridges and ear plugs, and there's a divider down the middle to keep things separate.


And I used iron on fleece to keep things from bumping and ruining the screen.

The hardest part was sewing the lining to the top.  I'll have to try this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment