Saturday, April 21, 2012

I fell off the wagon

My goal for this year was not to buy any fabric - to make a quilt a month all from stash.  I broke down and bought some WOW and yellow for the Dresden plate as I was out of those,   I was happy that I only bought what I needed and no more.  Actually, I have enough left over to add to another project and will definately use them this year.  I feel only a little guilty for my purchase, but I bought them with a project in mind and they have helped me keep moving on with my goal so I can justify the purchase.

But today... well, I just couldn't help myself. 

There was no project in mind but the price was too good to pass up!! 


It was a nice day today so I decided to stop off at the first garage sale of the year.  I had never been in that neighborhood before and it was a very pretty drive so even if I didn't find anything, the view was worth it.  The seller had the usual eclectic collection of items, and a box labeled 50 cents each.  It had a selection of needlecrafts, including several felt snowman kits that wrap around a 2 liter bottle.  Ok.  for 50 cents, I bought all three - such a bargin!  Then, at the bottom of the box I found....  this wonderful baggie of goodies!!

It was a Moda 2008 Fat Quarter Club package (still in it's original wrapping) from the Fat Quarter Shop!!!  12 Moda Fat Quarters, brand new, all for 50 cents!!   Score!!   I can't believe I almost missed it! 

Do I feel guilty for buying it?  No way!  This was too good to pass up.

Now to find the right pattern to make with it.  Any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment