Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fell off the wagon

Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a fabricaholic...

My goal this year was to make a quilt a month - all from stash.  No buying fabric!  Well, I fell off the wagon!! Kinda... the decision to buy fabric was a conscious choice because of a specific project I'm working on. And I bought only what I planned on buying!

It all started when I broke my serger needle while making PJ bottoms for Aiden. I needed a specific size not available at WalMart, so off I went to JoAnns. Since the trip was deliberately planned, I decided to pick up some fabric to finish my project.

I bought 4 yards of WOW - I was out of white and need some for my next project. No other color in my stash would do, so what's a girl to do?

I also bought 2 yards of light yellow.... Yellow isn't one of the colors that usually goes on clearance (when I buy most my fabric) so I have virtually no yellow in my stash. I really need to it make the quilt I'm working on more interesting.

I may have slipped, but at least it was reasoned out and I didn't go wild with my purchases! 

Whew...

No comments:

Post a Comment