Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Sewing

I'm getting frustrated while trying to write out instructions for March's block of the month.  The measurements aren't coming out clean and "nice" for a 12 inch block so I may have to rethink what I'm going to do.  So to get over my frustration, I've been working on some other projects. 

I've finished Shannon's nightgown and made a pair of PJ bottom's for DJ too.  The first thing Shannon asked when she saw me was "did you finish it?'  She loved it.  DJ was happy he got something too.

That reminded me I needed to make some PJ bottoms for my grandson Aiden's birthday next month.  He wants sharks or lizards.  I found material for both in my stash!  So I made him two pairs of sleep pants and two pairs of sleep shorts for summer.



His mommy, Christina, says she'd like a tote with lots of pockets for the Leappad he's getting.  So off I go to the internet to get inspiration (and maybe a free pattern?).  Nothing catches my eye except.... 

My husband gave me a Kindle for Christmas.  The case he bought for it doesn't fit the Kindle Fire, so I thought I might try my hand at making one... and lo and behold...   I found a pattern for an IPad while looking for Aiden's case!!  It took me a while, and a few changes to the directions, and a lot of frogging it (rip it, rip it), but I'm pretty pleased with the result.



Pretty cute huh??  Here's where I got the pattern/inspiration:  http://www.madebymarzipan.com/.

So I feel I accomplished something this weekend.  My search is still on for a great snowman/winter wall hanging for my living room.  I have a few that "will do" but they aren't "the one" that inspires me or drives me to make them.  Maybe some more searching for eye candy/inspiration on the internet will come up with something.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment