Monday, January 9, 2012

First Quilt done of 2012

So, another one of my goals for this new year is to stash bust - to make quilts entirely from my stash - even using stash as backing if possible.   A third goal is to make one top per month, hopefully using the blocks I'm posting, but I'm not limiting myself  to them.  Then, as I need a gift, I'll quilt them, or when I get a few done I can clean up my quilting table and do them all at once.  This particular goal will depend on how many days I have to substitute teach...

Well, the month isn't half way over and I'm done with the first quilt top.  I have to make a confession - I was inspired to make the first BOM because I wanted to make this quilt!!  It's so bright and cheery, it will make a great child's quilt.



Yay!!!  I think I'm getting the hang of inserting pictures the right size!

Anyway, I also tried a new (to me) technique of piecing the borders on the bias.  I've always just met the ends of the strips and sewed them straight across.  I think I like the way this looks a whole lot better!


If you look hard, you can see what I mean. 

Anyway, it's time to start working on the next block!   Have fun with your own projects and let me know how they are going!


No comments:

Post a Comment